Anagama Firing Sign-up Form
Note: This form is only for potters who want to fire work during the Anagama firing. If you simply want to attend in order to watch and learn, you may do so for free, and no registration is required.
This sign-up sheet does NOT guarantee you a place at the firing. There are 15 spaces available. We will create a lottery from all the names signed up here, and alert you by February 22 as to whether or not you got a spot. If you did, you will register and pay the workshop fee at that time.
Things you need to know before you sign up:
• The deadline for signing up with this form is midnight, Friday, February 15, 2019
• There is a $100 workshop fee, which includes up to 2000 cubic inches of space in the kiln. There is a 1¢ per cubic inch fee for extra pieces, if we can fit them in.
• Firing dates: May 31, 9am - June 2; Unloading: June 8
• All participants are expected to measure, glaze and wad their own pieces, help with the loading, as well as take at least one shift stoking wood and to help move and stack firewood. The day of the pick up, everyone is expected to help unload the kiln, scrape kiln shelves, put away tools and glazes as well as stack firewood for the next firing.
• You MUST bring bisque fired pieces, made of a clay body that is rated to cone 10.
• You can find answers to other questions here.
You have signed up for a space in our May/June 2019 Anagama Firing. You will be contacted no later than February 22, 2019, as to whether or not you got a spot.